Search engine optimization (SEO) is one the most critical fascist to understand when it comes to ranking online. Of course, you can pay someone to do this for you but for the amount of money you'd be paying for quality service, you may at least want to know and understand what you're paying someone or some company to do. Optimizing your site to meet specific criteria to rank higher will pay off, though it will take time to do it yourself. Here are a few tips to help.
1. Create engaging and relevant content.
Often we get in a hurry, but this is the part where you can't afford to do that; if you miss this step and continue, you will waste a lot of time and money promoting something that could damage your brand before it's even fully established.
2. Get Backlinks. Backlinks - links from one site to a page on a different website. The more backlinks a website has, major search engines, including Google, see how important the content is on that page, helping it rank higher. You will want more DoFollow backlinks than NoFollow backlinks, as the no-follow link has little to no effect on rank. In short, a dofollow link helps by passing the authority of the original site to the destination site, which is called "link juice," which helps with domain authority or domain rating, and also helps with keyword ranking. Nofollow links do not help with SEO directly.
3. Create Internal Links. Internal links link from one page on your site to another page (i.e., collection page). For example, suppose you have a fashion and accessories website, you can link an item to a specific category to find similar items. Creating internal links will help with analytics regarding which pages are getting the most engagement and show you what product or page to spend more time and money promoting with ads.
In conclusion, please note that learning, understanding, and using what you learn about SEO can be a process, and results will take time, but the benefits are well worth it. In SEO for Beginners Part 1, I will be going over the following:
- How to create engaging and relevant content.
- Different ways to get backlinks.
- How to create internal links (Shopify website)
Subscribe to our Moonlit Newsletter today.